I went into the hospital at 5:30 on Tuesday evening to start the induction process and was monitored for early labor until midnight then given cytotech at midnight, which helped to dialate my cervix. Before the medication I was dialated to a 2 and 70% effaced. At 4:00 the nurse checked me and I was at a 3 and still 70% effaced so was given another dose of cytotech. At 5:30 the nurse came in to check my blood pressure monitor that was beeping and decided to check me again. I was dialated to a 4 and she said hold on a sec and the next thing I knew so pushed a little harder and my water broke. From that point on my body took over and I continued the labor process without the use of patocin. I got my epideral around 6:30am, which pushed me to a 6 and 90% effaced, then I started feeling more pressure around 8:30 at which time the nurse checked me and said I was dialated to a 9.5 so she started getting the room ready and Ashlyn arrived at 9:19am. Ryan delivered our little girl and my mom was in the room to help support me. It is such a priceless memory!
Enjoy the pictures of our little girl!
Cousins
What a cutie! So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Beautiful Baby!!
ReplyDeleteShe is gorgeous! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went so well!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Ashlyn! She is precious. Love the birth story. Matt delivered Katie, too. Priceless!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a wonderful way to ring in the new year! Ashyln's beautiful! Hope you're feeling well.
ReplyDeleteAshlyn is gorgeous!! I am so happy to know she is here and that you are doing well! Can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteMuch love -
She is beautiful! Congrats on the successful birth story! I love the name Ashlyn Grace. Lovely!
ReplyDelete