Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reflections after 10 months

It is so hard to believe that I have been a mom now for over ten months.  I look at our daughter every day and just feel a peace and joy that cannot be explained.  My life was completed when I became a mother as all I ever wanted to do in life was be a wife and a mom.  God blessed me with both!

Here are 10 things that I have learned over the past ten months:

1.) I have learned what unconditional love really is.

2.) I have learned that I can survive and manage on less sleep and that my body will adjust.

3.) I have learned that everything material that I own is just that.  It is ok if it gets broken, spilled on, dirty, etc.  It is the people in my life that matter most.

4.) I have learned that I am not the only one that knows what is best for our daughter - so does my husband! :-)

5.) I have learned that it is great having a doctor for a husband.

6.) I have learned that there is nothing greater than family and that if you live close to them cherish it and if you live far away, cherish every moment you get to spend with them.

7.) I have learned that I can do 10,000 things at the same time and wear many different hats and still remain sane (most of the time).

8.) I have learned that God really can teach us about life through the eyes of a child.

9.) I have learned that a child really does watch everything you do and listen to everything you say and repeat it.

10.) I have learned that I would not change my life for anything and that each day is a gift from God and I am going to cherish each one.

May God bless you all as we enter into the holiday season and finish out 2010!

1 comment: