Thursday, April 14, 2011

Success!

Ashlyn and I traveled to Wichita on Friday, and I decided to stop at McDonald's and let her try the chicken mcnuggets.  Now something you have to know is that up to this point she refused to eat meat of any kind.  She ate it fine in baby food form but once she switched to 'people' food she refused to eat any type of meat - hot dogs, chicken, hamburger, fish, etc.  So I have just kept trying with no success.  This brings us to our trip to McDonald's.  I ordered the mcnuggets and put half of one on her plate which she put to her mouth, hestitated a moment and then promptly put it in her mouth and didn't look back!!  I was so excited.  And since, she has eaten store bought chicken nuggets at home.  It's the little things that make a parent happy!


Oh and on the way home, we again stopped at McDonald's and she got her first happy meal with chicken mcnuggets, apple dippers and chocolate milk


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I hadn't heard that Ashlyn wouldn't eat meat! Bruce goes on kicks where he will refuse to eat any meat, but it never lasts more than a few weeks. Congrats on the "chicken nugget success!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggled when I read this! Maybe she's a vegetarian.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a true challenge, meals with no meat! So glad she like them!!

    ReplyDelete