Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Ash Wednesday
Today is Ash Wednesday and starts the beginning of Lent which leads us into Easter. Ryan and I usually try and give things up each year to symbolize and really help us focus on what Christ did for us on the cross in giving up His life. We have decided to give up eating out and buying things that are not necessities, two things which we have gotten in the bad habit of doing lately. Ryan has also decided to give up watching the outdoor channel and I have also made a commitment to write down as many blessings as I notice between now and Easter and what I am learning from people I come in contact with. I truly believe that God teaches us a lesson in every person we meet or are around whether it is a lesson in what not to do or what to do. I took a picture of the flowers that are blooming in our flower bed as a reminder of the beautiful things God places in our lives. May this Easter season bless you more than it has ever blessed you.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are some very pretty onions...or weeds - don't remember which! But very glad your flowers are blooming and it's only February!
ReplyDelete