Saturday, December 12, 2009

Reflection on the season...

I got an e-mail from a friend the other day and she said - "I hope you have plently of time to relax throughout this Advent season...as you wait for the birth of your daughter at the same time as the Church awaits the birth of Christ"

It really got me thinking about the Christmas season and what it truly means and gave me a warm feeling in my heart. Every day now I wake up and reflex on the baby that grows inside of me and then think about how at this same time of year Christ was growing inside of Mary and came into this world as a baby, dependent on his parents to survive. What a true gift Christ was and still is to the world. I am also reading a book my mother-in-law gave me called "Two From Galilee" which is an amazing book about the story of Mary and Joseph. It too has helped me really reflect on what this season is all about.

Ryan and I decided not to decorate for Christmas this year except for our outside Christmas lights as I know that I will not have the time nor energy to want to take the decorations down after the holidays and though it has been hard for me not to have decorations up, it has also helped me to truly focus on the reason for the season.

I just wanted to share some of these thoughts. I pray that you too may be able to truly reflect on the reason for the season around all the hussle and bussle. We are blessed by each and every one of you.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Sara! It's important to turn our attention toward to Cross, especially at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete