Thursday, December 17, 2009

Surprised and blessed

God is always blessing us in ways we do not except and He did it again on Tuesday night by showing us that we are surrounded with people who love and support us. Ryan's clinic Christmas party was Tuesday night at a local restaurant. We mingled, ate and then started our white elephant/dirty santa Christmas gift exchange. Well, as "luck" (or so we thought) would have it, Ryan's name was drawn first so he went up and grabbed a present and came back to open it. It just happened to be bibs and baby outfits which I thought what a coincidence that he should get that. Well, then my name was drawn and my first thought was "shot, I did not know spouses were supposed to bring gifts" but I went up and got one anyway. And when I opened it it was a set of long sleeve onsies for a baby girl. Then they called Ryan again and we realized what was going on. It was not a white elephant/dirty santa exchange at all, it was a surprise baby shower for us!! And what a surprise it was. We had no idea that his clinic was going to do that. It was just another way for God to show us that we are where we are supposed to be right now and surrounded by love and support. Thank you to everyone who was involved in this surprise!

1 comment: