Ashlyn turned a month old on Saturday. Where did the time go? I cannot believe it is already February 1. I have definitely learned a lot over the past month -
1.) My body is able to survive on less and interrupted sleep better than I thought it would.
2.) I had an idea of how I was going to parent and what I was and was not going to do with my child before she arrived but as soon as she came all that went out the window!! It is definitely a trial and error process
daily.
3.) Just as I figure out by weeks end why she is fussy and crying, she gets over it and something new happens the next week and the learning process starts over.
4.) I do not mind sleeping on the couch with my daughter on my chest if it means we both get some sleep
and I know it will not last forever so I am going to cherish this time while I can.
5.) There is nothing I would do to change the good and bad experiences I have had over the past month.
6.) I did not think it was possible to love my husband any more than I do, but seeing him holding his daughter and being an awesome daddy makes me love him all the more.
7.) Being a mom is a priceless experience.
God has blessed our lives!
Great reflection!
ReplyDeleteNo kidding! I could have written this post myself when I was a new mom! And probably will again when I become a mom x 2 this May. It is so true... we slept in the recliner for a while! And as soon as you get a "routine" down, things change! LOL... but you love it. And you appreciate your own mom even more. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Sara! Congrats on your sweet baby girl! Time does fly by. So glad I finally looked up your blog. I look forward to keeping up with you!
ReplyDelete